Thursday, June 14, 2007

Family!

As her oldest cousin I never really knew her as Annapurna; she will always be Georgeanne to me and the rest of the cousins. But I certainly remember the girl with whom I went to Lake Tahoe during the hot summers so many years ago. And after my own journey to India, although in a different capacity, I came to appreciate how she had grown tremendously from the girl of those long ago days lying on the beach at that crystalline place.She told me not so many years ago, she and I were soul mates; and I knew it to be true. Just as she and I were that close, we knew no matter the length of time since last we spoke, there would be no lapse in the connection. This heart will miss her physical presence, but I know she is with me even now.

"I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of that I do not know." Cicero
2007-06-13 4.51.MD

No comments: