Friday, June 15, 2007

From Radha Baum

We've known each other since 1971, and spent much loving time together with Neem Karoli Baba in India. As you know, she was a very special person, beautiful, kind, generous and funny. She was the only one of us in India who had shiny hair, and she was was happy to share the secret of how she washed it. Through out the years I remember her telling me macrobiotic remedies and stories the psychics told her. Both of us are acupuncturists, and I could always call her when I was having challenges with patients. She knew just the right herbs to prescribe.

Since I live in NY we didn't get to see each other often. Last time I saw her was a few years ago in Central Park when His Holiness was speaking to a few hundred thousand people. She looked radiant, and said that she had been quite healthy! I was not, as I was ill with pneumonia. She was so compassionate, and once again a wealth of wisdom prescribing herbs to take, and describing the process of the illness. I felt much better just being in her presence.

So many will miss her much.

Radha Baum

No comments: